POTBR blog 10, Day 10

 Day 10 and camping at cow meadows has been the best so far. Today we went to the Lava River Caves here at the Newberry Volcanic National Park. I'm not exactly sure how far it went but felt like half mile to a mile long, and 175 steps down. It was my 2nd time being in a lava tube and I actually enjoyed it better than the first time. Afterwards we got another tour to go to the top of Lava Butte lookout and look at the caldera and cinder cones, stratovolcano's that laid across the earth all around us. Such a beautiful view. I can't believe all the times I have been to Oregon; I have never seen its beauty quite like this. Some of us decided to skip the shuttle ride back down and we walked down it. A beautiful hot foot walk down. Last tour we got to see was the Benham Falls which was a half mile walk, it was also just as beautiful to see. Water looked very refreshing and made me want to get in. By the end of our 3 tours, we were all pooped, I had gotten 18,000 steps in by the time we made it to our Safeway trip for dinner.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POTBR Blog 6, Day 6

POTBR blog 7, day 7

POTBR Blog 2, Day 2